Monday, September 1, 2014

Shoe Shopping


I am sure shoe shopping is fun for a lot of girls. Most girls. There are so many styles, brands, and colors to choose from. Some people have closets full of shoes. Many say shoes are their “weakness.” Most people of the female influence LOVE shopping for shoes. Well I hate it. When you have ginormous, abnormally long, SKINNY feet like me, imagine how many shoes you find in the store. *wind blows* Yes, precisely. You rarely find shoes in the store and even if there are size 11’s, you still get disappointed a few times. They are either too short or too wide. My mom unsurprisingly has the same struggle. We often buy shoes online that are not available in stores in hopes that they work. Mostly, they just end up going right back where they came from. I don’t even know why I get my hopes up anymore, like with these pink loafers a couple weeks ago. They were so cute! Anyways, it is really frustrating at the moment because I have to scramble now to replace my white sandals (RIP) that were murdered by the uneven, deadly streets of Turkey. They were so comfy and I wore them to death, I guess now in the literal sense. I still have not been able to find a replacement pair. And back-to-school shoe shopping is just a nightmare. My retirement plan in the works is to make a line of cute shoes for people with big feet. Seriously, I am tired of this crap. I don’t even care if I make a lot of money (or any) off of this venture, at least I would be helping someone out! Let me just also point out that it is not the same when celebrities talk about having big feet. They can just pay to have shoes sent to them from around the world or even made for them. Boohoo. Well anyways rant over. Hopefully I will find a chic pair of shoes soon, insh’allah. If not, well I may just revert back to a good old pair of Chuck’s, which fit me very well and seem to have come back into style in college. Wish me luck!



 Lilac Festival 2012: Me, (far right) wearing the beloved pair of sandals Junior year. I went through so much with these sandals.



Lilac Festival 2014: Me, (far left) still wearing the sandals a month before going to Turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment